Bleomycin alert at Children's Oncology Group Survivorship Guidelines
1. Baird K, Cooke K, and Schultz KR. Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) in Children. Pediatr Clin N Am 2010:57:297-322
2. Wallace WHB and Green DM. (2004) Late effects of childhood cancer. (pp 85-100). London, EnglaWand: Arnold.
3. Schwartz CL, Hobbie WL, Constine LS, et al. (2005) Survivors of Childhood and Adolescent Cancer. (pp 133-159). Heidelberg, Germany: Springer.
4. Ginsberg SJ, Comis RL. The Pulmonary toxicity of antineoplastic agents. Semin Oncol 1982; 2:119-130
5. Donat SM and Levy DA. Bleomycin associated pulmonary toxicity: is perioperative oxygen restriction necessary? J Urol 1998:160:1347-1352
6. Samuels ML, Johnson DE, Holoye PY and Lanzotti VJ. Large-dose bleomycin therapy and pulmonary toxicty. A possible role of prior radiotherapy. JAMA 1976:235:1117-1120
7. Marion, DW. Pulmonary toxicity associated with systemic antineoplastic therapy:Clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatement. In: UpToDate, Basow, DS (Ed), UpToDate,
Waltham, MA, 2009.
8. Baird K, Cooke K, and Schultz K. Chronic Graft-Versus-Host Disease (GVHD) in Children. Pediatr Clin N Am 2010:57:297-322
9. Cooke KR, Yanik G. Lung injury following hematopoeitic cell transplantation Appelbaum FR, Froman SJ, Negrin R, et al. editors. Thomas' hematopoietic cell transplantation. 4th ed. Wiley-Blackwell: 2009
10. Afessa B, Litzow MR, Tefferi A. Bronchiolitis obliterans and other late onset non infectious pulmonary complications in hematopoeitic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant 2001:28:425-434
11. Filipovich AH, Weisdorf D, Pavletic S, et al. National Institutes of Health consensus development project on criteria for clinical trials in chronic graft versus host disease. Diagnosis and staging working group report. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2005:11:945-956.
12. Melin-Aldana H, Thormann K, Duerst R, et al. Hepatitic pattern of graft versus host disease in children. Pediatrc Blood Cancer 2007:49:727-730
13.Freudenberger TD, Madtes DK, Curtis JR, et al. Association between acute and chronic graft versus host disease and bronchiolitis obilterans organizing pneumonia in receipients of hematopoietic stem cell transplants. Blood 2003:102:3822-3828
14. Nadel J (2000) General principles and diagnostic approach. Murray JF and Nadel JA (eds). Textbook of respiratory medicine. Sauders, St Louis.pp 1173-1182.
15.Graham MV, Burdy JA, Enami B. Clinical dose-volume histogram analysis for pneumonitis after 3D treatment for non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1999:45:323-329
16. Libshitz HI, Shuman LS. Radiation induced pulmonary change: CT findings. J Comput Assist Tomgr 1984:8:15-19
17. Gross NJ. Experimental radiation pneumonitis IV. Leakage of circulatory proteins onto the alveolar surface. J Lab Clin Med 1980:95:19-31
18 Maasilta P, Hallman M, Taskinen E. Bronchoalveolar lavage fluid findings following radiotherapy for non small cell lung cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Bio Phys 2003:26:117-123
19 Weiner DJ, Maity A, Clarson C.A., and Ginsberg JP. Pulmonary function abnormalities in children treated with whole lung irradiation. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2006:46:222-227
20 Fryer CJH, Fitzpatrick PJ, Rider WD (1978) Radiation pneumonitis: experience following a large single dose of radiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 4:931-936
21. Kim JY, Kim YS, Kim YK et al. The TGF-B1 dynamics during radiation therapy and its correlation to symptomatic radiation pneumonitis in lung cancer patients. Radiation Oncology 2009:4:59
22. Liles A, Blatt J, Morris D et al. Montioring pulmonary complications in long term childhood cancer survivors: Guidelines for the primary care physician. Clev Clin J Med 2008:75:531-539
23. Kreisel D, Krupnick AS, and Huddleston CB. Outcomes and Late complications after Pulmonary Resections in the Pediatric Population. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2004:16:215-219
24. McBride JT, Wohl ME, Strieder DJ, et al: Lung growth and airway function after lobectomy in infancy for congenital lobar emphysema. J Clin Invest 1980:66:962-970
25. Laros CD, Westermann CJ: Dilatation, compensatory growth, or both after pneumonectomy during childhood and adolescence. A thirty-year follow-up study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1987:93:570-576
26. Grillo HC, Shepard JA, Mathisen DJ, et al: Postpneumonectomy syndrome: diagnosis, management, and results. Ann Thorac Surg 1992: 54:638-650; discussion 650-631,
27. Abid SH, Malhotra V, Perry MC. Radiation-induced and chemotherapy- induced pulmonary injury. Curr Opin Oncol 2001:13:242–248.
28. Brizel DM. Pharmacological Approaches to Radiation Protection. J Clin Oncol 2007:25:4084-4089
29. Yuhas JM, Spellman JM, Culo F: The role of WR-2721 in radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy. Cancer Clin Trials 1980:3:211-216
30. Brizel DM, Wasserman TH, Henke M, et al: Phase III randomized trial of amifostine as a radioprotector in head and neck cancer. J Clin Oncol 2000:18:3339-3345
31. Koukourakis MI, Kyrias G, Kakolyris S, et al: Subcutaneous administration of amifostine during fractionated radiotherapy: A randomized phase II study. J Clin Oncol 2000:18:2226-2233
32. Bourhis JTH, Brizel DM, Movsas B, et al: Meta-Analysis of Amifostine in Radiotherapy (MAART): Preliminary analysis of 11 randomized clinical trials including 1,014 patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2006: 66:S67
33. Chen L, Brizel DM, Rabbani ZN, et al: The protective effect of recombinant human keratinocyte growth factor on radiation-induced pulmonary toxicity in rats. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2004:60:1520-1529,
34. Spielberger R, Stiff P, Bensinger W, et al:Palifermin for oral mucositis after intensive therapyfor hematologic cancers. N Engl J Med 2004:351:2590-2598
35. Furonaka M, Hattori N, Tanimoto T et al. Suplatast Tosilate Prevents Bleomycin Induced Pulmonary Fibrosis in Mice. J Pharmacol Exp The 2009:328:55-61
36. Mertens AC, Yasui Y, Liu Y et al. Pulmonary Complications in Survivors of Childhood and Adolescent Cancers. 2002: 95:2431:2441
37. Mertens A, Yasui Y, Neglia J et al. Late mortality experience in five year survivors of childhood and adolescent cancer: The Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. J Clin Oncol 2001:19:3163-3172
38. Dunhill MS: Postnatal growth of the lung. Thorax 17:329-. 333, 1962
39. Bernstrand C, Cederlund K, Henter JI. Pulmonary function testing and pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2007, 49: 323-362
40. Huls G, ten Bokkel Huinink D. Bleomycin and Scuba Diving: to dive or not to dive? Neth J Med 2003; 61: 215 219
41. Dudek AZ et al. Bronchiolitis obilterans in chronic graft versus host disease: analysis of risk factors and treatment outcomes. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2003, 9(10):657-665